King James Dictionary
OBSERV'ER, n. s as z.
1. One who observes one that takes notice particularly, one who looks to with care, attention or vigilance.
Careful observers may foretell the hour, by sure prognostic, when to dread a shower.
Creditors are great observers of set days and times.
2. A beholder a looker on a spectator.
3. One who keeps any law, custom, regulation or rite one who adheres to any thing in practice one who performs as a great observer of forms an observer of old customs.
4. One who fulfills or performs as, he is a strict observer of his word or promise.
5. One who keeps religiously as an observer of the sabbath.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Observer'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/o/observer.html.