King James Dictionary
1. Brought forth in an immature state failing, or coming to naught, before it is complete.
2. Failing in its effect miscarrying producing nothing as an abortive scheme.
3. Rendering abortive as abortive gulf, in Milton, but not legitimate.
4. Pertaining to abortion as abortive vellum, made of the skin of an abortive calf.
5. In botany, an abortive flower is one which falls without producing fruit.
ABOR'TIVE, n. That which is brought forth or born prematurely. Little used.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Abortive'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/abortive.html.